Job title: Associate / Senior Associate
Department: Business Trust and Law Group
Purpose of the role. To provide technically sound legal advice on a range of issues, whilst building and maintaining productive relationships with clients and intermediaries.
• Build and maintain productive working relationships with clients. Establish credibility, influence where appropriate and provide excellent client service.
• Draft contracts, minutes of board meetings, etc.
• Prepare fee matter estimates and quotations.
• Ensure timeliness of debt collection and billing.
• Ensure effective management of time, effort and resources in order to generate maximum efficiencies.
• Maintain time records at all times.
• Ensure work is compliant with procedures and standard documents.
• Consider regulatory issues at all times and report any concerns to senior management as appropriate.
• Maintain Knowledge Management (KM) information/system and ensure this is accurate and current.
• Build knowledge and experience in practice areas to the highest standards.
• Understand Legal Business plan and Strategic plan
• Provide support and guidance to more junior members of the team
• Undertake project work as required, undertaking any initiatives identified and designated from time to time by Heads of Service Line Partners or Director of Business Development. Competencies
• 2 – 6 years’ PQE
• Significant experience from a leading law firm in one or all of the following environments: Banking & Finance / Funds / Corporate & Commercial
• Strong Academics (minimum 2:1 degree)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Effective communicator
• Strong influencing skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to formulate, consider and select the most appropriate solutions
• Strong relationship management skills
• Ability to work effectively.
Jonny Scott-Slater LLM
E – firstname.lastname@example.org
Territories: Central London, Cornwall, Devon, Wales, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Cayman, BVI, Hong Kong, Singapore, Cape Town, Amsterdam, Luxembourg & Dubai.