VICE PRESIDENT-INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
Our clients group of companies are incorporated under the laws of Barbados and regulated by the Central Bank of Barbados and the Financial Services Commission. Our client provides trust, company, banking, family office, investment, custody and captive insurance services to international clients.
We are seeking a candidate for the role of Vice President – Investment Management. The chosen party will be the head of our client’s investment department and interface with our investment clients. The role requires strong practical knowledge of trust business as well as effective business development skills.
- This position will involve considerable client and prospect contact in both the Investment Management and Trust departments.
- Responsible for business development initiatives of the Investment and Trust Departments.
- Act as the primary investment and relationship contact for assigned clients.
- Lead the investment team and develop their skills both technically and with respect to client relations.
- Responsible for the strategy, design and implementation of a comprehensive investment program including asset allocation guidelines, benchmarks, compliance and risk procedures. This program must include staying abreast of new investment opportunities and techniques for enhancements.
- Implement a highly disciplined approach to the process of analysing, selecting and monitoring investment managers in order to ensure consistency of style and to control risk.
- Provide investment expertise in the form of information, knowledge and support to other departments.
- Carry out all duties in a professional manner, ensuring regulatory compliant operations.
- Communicate current market strategy and portfolio updates to assigned clients
- Possess an advanced knowledge of trusts and trust investment portfolio strategies.
- Develop co-operative relationships with, motivate and provide leadership to colleagues at all levels to promote an open and supportive environment.
Qualifications and experience required:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the investment industry.
- Proven ability to communicate investment process, strategy, and results to audiences with varying levels of investment knowledge.
- University Degree or relevant work experience. An MBA or CFA would be beneficial.
- Decision-making, sales, and negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to develop business.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork and cooperation.
- Results orientation.
- Strong people management skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory and tax matters across multiple jurisdictions.
- A portable book of business is beneficial but not required.
For further details please contact: Jonny Scott-Slater or Alice Bury;
Telephone – 0044 1872 274227 GMT;
Telephone – UK 01872 274227;
Telephone US – 954 378 9414;
Mail CV 2 – email@example.com
Confidentiality is assured at all times.