Manager, Governance Services, UK – Central London
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Governance Services Manager to join our law firm client’s new operation in central London.
In your role, you’ll be involved in all aspects of the day-to-day running of the office including full involvement in the take on and ongoing administration of corporate entities. You’ll work closely with the UK Managing Director and as the business grows, take responsibility for the client services team.
The Governance Services office has been set up in the UK in response to client demand, delivering a complementary range of fiduciary, administration and governance services to our client’s law firm and existing Governance Services private and corporate clients.
You can be sure that your work will be challenging, but in return you’ll benefit from a supportive environment with an opportunity to grow.
Main duties & responsibilities.
• Assist in the ongoing set up the new Governance Services in our law firm client’s UK office, including input into procedures and operations and the day to day running of the office
• Take on of new business in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures ensuring that the clients’ experience is an efficient and professional service
• Administer a portfolio of clients and ensure that client relationships and transactions are managed efficiently and to a high standard
• Act as a role model to all Governance Services employees and assist the UK Managing Director to develop teams of motivated, highly proficient administrators who act in accordance with the firm’s values and in parallel to the excellent law firm service levels
• Ensure that all Governance Services employees have an understanding of the transactions they are working on, provide technical support and training to them as and when required
• Ensure client expectations are properly managed and valuable relationships are nurtured to maximise the reputation of the team in the market and the potential for repeat work and referrals
• Effectively manage the day to day activities of staff reporting to you to include timely and accurate processing of work, meeting transaction deadlines, recording time, managing WIP and debt
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
• Proven industry experience and ideally hold a relevant professional qualification such as ICSA.
• Highly developed skills in (a) identifying risk, especially foreign tax risk, complex fiduciary risk and financial crime risk and (b) managing such risk, including by obtaining, understanding and implementing advice
• Experience of ViewPoint would be an advantage
• Ability to manage and prioritise tasks, time and people to meet deadlines
• Highly-developed interpersonal skills; a real team player
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Pro-active and service orientated approach
• Drive, ambition, an objective-setter who achieves goals
• Discretion and demonstrates good judgement
• Ability to work independently.
Jonny Scott-Slater, Karen Palmer or Ashley Armstrong
01872 274227 – 07724760904
CV2 – email@example.com
Confidentiality is always assured
Iuris Praestantia Recruiting.