ACCOUNTS SENIOR TORQUAY, (part time or full time) 17-28K.
Role: Accounts Senior – AAT Qualified or Part Qualified.
Location: Torquay, Devon. Permanent Positions Full Time – Part Time Considered.
Reporting to: The Senior Managers, Accounts and Corporate Services Departments.
Our valued and prestigious Chartered Accountancy Practice are one of the top 50 UK firms.
Which reflects the high calibre of their employees – our clients growth means that there are real opportunities for enthusiastic, motivated candidates to join their expanding firm.
Our client has an outstanding reputation for delivering timely advice for a wide range of businesses and delivers rapid, effective solutions tailored to individual requirements.
The client are the most established Chartered Accountancy presence in the region.
With 5 modern, busy offices across the South West.
You will be working in an established Accounts and Tax Department or Corporate services Department. Be confident with accounts preparation for unincorporated businesses and limited companies.
Instructed as an executive search recruitment consultancy, we are looking for candidates who are AAT qualified or part-qualified AAT’s level 4 or Intermediate with at least 2-3 years accountancy practice or relevant industry experience.
You must be used to working on your own initiative, be very confident with clients and able to adapt to a wide range of businesses.
As your experience grows there may be the opportunity to complete your qualifications and gain broader experience within the firm.
Job Description, Person Specification and Benefits
The client wishes to:
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation and/or information
- Maintain regular contact with the client and keep him/her informed at all times;
- Deal promptly with all client enquiries and correspondence, including correspondence with third parties concerning that client’s affairs;
- Ensure that clients are aware of all services provided by the firm.
- Preparing financial accounts for unincorporated businesses and limited companies, preparing adjusted profits computations and corporation tax computations, using the firm’s office manual and client care procedures to ensure all department assignments are completed to the same high standard;
- Accurately completing all assignments within agreed timetables to ensure assignments are completed on time;
- Investigating and resolving (where possible) problems arising during the assignments and notifying accounts manager of unresolved problems to ensure they are addressed on time;
- Becoming and remaining familiar with the client’s internal reporting and control procedures to ensure the assignment is completed with minimal disruption to the client’s staff;
- Recording work in a clear and concise manner, ensuring all working papers are legible and well presented to allow other team members to clearly understand the work completed;
- Ensuring all outgoing work is proof-read and authorised according to the firm’s procedures
- Supervising staff and assisting with their professional development, encouraging them to produce a high quality of work at all times;
- Keeping partners up-to-date on all dealings with the clients;
- Maintaining time-recording on client affairs on a daily basis in accordance with the firms procedures
- Planning and reviewing accounts department assignments;
- Liaising with the tax department on clients tax issues as required;
- Liaising with other departments as necessary on client affairs;
- Marketing the firm and helping to bring in new clients at every available opportunity;
- Keeping technically up-to-date with company, tax and other relevant legislation.
- To ensure knowledge of and compliance with all relevant aspects of the Institute’s Guide to Professional conduct;
- To comply with the relevant training requirements of your professional body (AAT, ICAEW or other as appropriate);
- Good basic qualifications. Maths B and English B GCSE desirable – or equivalent with very good IT skills (MS Office);
- AAT part qualified, or qualified by experience. (Qualified AAT will be considered).
- Sage desirable.
We are looking for a well-organised, enthusiastic, self-motivated team player, with a thorough, systematic approach, keen to build on their practical experience.
This is an excellent career opportunity with potential to develop within the department.
You must be confident, outgoing and not afraid to work with clients with proficient clerical and IT skills.
- Salary depending upon qualifications and experience;
- Review of salary upon passing exams with a generous increase upon qualification;
- Annual salary review;
- Study support;
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays increasing to 25 days plus Bank Holidays when ceasing study support or finished training contract – pro-rata if part time;
- Hours 36.25 per week (flexible working);
- Life Assurance, (3x Salary);
- Personal Pension, Employer 3% Employee min 2%;
- Critical Illness Scheme;
- Fully paid health scheme after probationary period;
- Healthsure One;
- Or contributory Aviva Private Health Scheme.
If you would like to apply for this career opportunity please telephone 01872 274227 – 9am – 10pm.
Ask for Jonny Scott Slater, Ashley Armstrong or Zena Zenor.
E mail – email@example.com
Confidentially is assured at all times.
NB – We have asked our client if we can reproduce this advert.
Cornwall Executive Recruitment Ltd – An employment agency for job vacancies, personnel services and staffing solutions – 01872 274 277.