Commercial Property Lawyer required; 1-7 PQE or more –
- There could be a 3 day a week work option;
- The Partners are aware of future succession planning;
- Our client is specialist law firm that can be highly recommended;
- Applications from out of the county are warmly welcomed.
Real estate is Cornwall and Devon’s largest asset class and our law firm client works for well-known organisations and people that are extremely active in the sector.
Whether they are advising or planning business for clients such as: Lenders, borrowers, investors, developers, occupiers, landlords, eco/green- industrials, government agencies, farmers, landowners or scientific foundations, they have a deep understanding of their clients businesses and what they hope to achieve.
Our law firm client is connected at the heart of the counties commercial real estate sector. They offer advanced and intelligent advice that complements their client’s business interests and all important immediate and future requirements.
Our law firm client’s Commercial Property team is very switched on when it comes to finance and the structuring of new transactions. With their contacts and local expertise in real estate structured finance, corporate, tax, securitisation, investment funding and restructuring, our client’s technical knowledge base and deal making capability can only be described as awsome.
Our law firm client’s general local property expertise and legal-savvy enables them to advice on both domestic and cross-border deals involving real estate as an asset class.
We are seeking to find for our law firm client an ambitious, hard-working and contentious Commercial Property lawyer, that wants to join a firm that are definitely offering the chance for long term future career.
We are seeking a lawyer that has the experience in the following types of work.
- Acquisition of (development) land; advising on title, drafting and negotiating the documentation (including options, conditional contracts and unconditional contracts) and post completion matters;
- Sale of land and/or completed units; drafting and negotiation of documentation (options, conditional and unconditional contracts (including by way of sub-sale and assignment of existing contracts), golden brick agreements, transfers, leases (of completed properties and of air space) and advising client on documentation and structure of transaction;
- The drafting and negotiation of planning and/or works agreements (Unilateral Undertakings, Section 106 Agreements, Section 104 Agreements, Section 278 Agreements, substation transfers or leases);
- Development site set-up matters, including drafting of plot sale contracts, leases and transfers as well as putting together a complete legal pack for the sales process. On an increasing number of larger development sites, this includes advising the client in respect of centralized heat / power plant and systems including “ESCO” or similar arrangements (both advice on the energy suppliers legal documentation and the impact of such on related plot sales documents);
- Lease back arrangements for “air space” leases in connection with photovoltaic cells on blocks of new build apartments and the sale of such air space leases to institutional investors;
- Sale of freehold/leasehold reversionary interests to institutional investors; drafting and negotiation of documentation (contracts, transfers or head leases (where relevant), dealing with enquiries, dealing with post completion matters and general advice (Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 matters);
- Construction matters; negotiation and advice on Development Agreements (both in the form of the JCT suite of documents and non JCT construction documentation) for in particular the construction of affordable housing units together with advice on and the drafting of collateral warranties;
- Boundary, easement and covenant disputes. Dealing with disputes on behalf of clients in light of their proposed development of the area of land in question. Negotiating with adjoining landowners. Advising clients of the nature of the dispute and potential solutions to the dispute in the context of their proposed development. Drafting Deeds of Grant and/or Extinguishment, Statutory Declarations and bringing adverse possession claims (under both the amended procedure and the pre Land Registration Act 2002 procedure);
- Dealing with clients regarding commercial landlord and tenant matters; acting on behalf of both landlords and tenants on new commercial leases (rack rent and peppercorn rents where applicable), renewals, assignments, sub-leases and advice on dilapidations, break clauses rent review matters and other general issues;
- Corporate matters – there is the occasion where a client may wish to acquire land by way of a company share acquisition. Dealing with the all the firms corporate work both acting for buyers and seller including the drafting and negotiation of share purchase agreements (and warranties) and the drafting of accompany tax covenants, shareholder resolutions, board minutes and companies house documentation.
NB. In-depth experience in the following commercial property work regions will be highly regarded by our law firm client. Please be sure to evaluate in your CV what work you have done in these sectors and ensure that you explain the depth of your technical ability and general understanding of:
- Corporate occupiers and landlords disputes;
- Real estate planning and disputed cases;
- Real estate devlopment and stages of planning work;
- Real estate funds;
- Real estate finance and deal structuring;
- Different sorts of real estate investments;
- Real estate securitisation;
- Real estate Tax;
- Construction and disputes.
To apply for this career position please contact: Jonny Scott-Slater, Ashley Armstrong or Zennor Zenna.
Telephone – 01872 274227;
Submit your CV to email@example.com
Confidentially will be assured at all times.
Cornwall Executive Recruitment Ltd – An employment agency for job vacancies, personnel services and staffing solutions – 01872 274 277.