Lawyer, Solicitor ILEX Diploma Property Conveyancer
Salary Package Negotiable
Our client a major South West based law firm are seeking to appoint an all-round property lawyer with experience in both Commercial and top end residential property dealings. This is a role that will involve non contentious work – Negotiating, arranging, broking and organizing of property deals including sourcing of funds.
We are seeking to find a property lawyer with the following work experience:
• Taking instructions from clients;
• Landlord & Tenant;
• Advising property developers;
• Acquisition and Disposals of freehold and leasehold property/land, drafting contracts;
• Advising and setting up of Financing;
• Preparing leases and sub-leases;
• Lease extensions and renewals;
• Notices and other landlord and tenant documentation;
• Lock-out and overage agreements, option and conditional contracts;
• Brokering and negotiating;
• Business sales and purchase transactions in relation to property aspect;
• Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements;
• Obtaining or checking Land Registry documents or title deeds (if the land is unregistered);
• Drafting or checking sales contracts and agreeing terms with the conveyancer acting for the other party to the transaction;
• Collating and sending or checking supporting documents;
• Exchanging contracts and completing the transaction;
• Dealing with all financial aspects of a transaction;
• Leasehold, obtaining the landlord’s agreement to the sale or the change of mortgage and dealing with appointments of rent and service charges;
• Specific tasks for purchase transactions include:
• Carrying out and checking pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence, or liability for unsound building structures and repairs;
• Receiving and checking mortgage instructions from lenders and undertaking specific tasks required;
• Preparing transfer and mortgage deeds;
• Receiving mortgage funds;
• Paying Stamp taxes and dealing with the registration of client and lender with the Land Registry.
To apply for this career position please contact: Ashley Armstrong, Zena Zennor or Jonny Scott-Slater.
Telephone number – 01872 274227
CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality is assured at all times.