Private Client Lawyer 8 PQE+
Our law firm client is seeking to appoint a senior private client lawyer with experience in the following work listed below. Working as a senior solicitor within a very busy team or working as a senior associate with future track leading to partner nomination within a 60 month time period.
Is essential to point out our client possesses more Devon Cornwall HNI clients than any other law firm situated in the SWUK. They are market leaders regarding innovative wealth protection for future generation.
We are seeking to find work experience in the following:
Private Wealth / Tax
• Advising UK resident and domiciled UHNW client on available lifetime tax planning options – to include gifts out of excess income, the establishment of a family trust, capturing PPR relief on property and lifetime gifting
• Assisting with advice on residence and domicile
• Advising a non-resident, non-domiciled client on current exposure to Inheritance Tax (IHT) in respect of high value properties owned personally in London and the options available to mitigate this exposure
• Identifying the structures affected by the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) and IHT changes and advising UBOs on the options available to them in light of legislative changes
• Creation of Excluded Property Trusts for non-UK domiciled clients
• Advising on the most tax efficient and practical way to acquire high value residential property in London, having regard to recent legislative changes – to include ATED, ATED-related CGT, Non-Resident CGT (NRCGT) and the new additional rate of Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
• Advising on de-enveloping and its implementation and the transfer of high value UK residential property (encumbered by mortgage) to beneficiaries, including drafting of documents to facilitate the process and dealing with BVI Liquidator
• Compliance in relation to property tax including filing of ATED forms, ATED-related CGT forms and NRCGT forms, following sales/disposals, to HMRC
• SDLT advice, including for clients including Accountants on the de-enveloping of UK property from offshore structures
• Drafting Declarations of Trust for Inheritance Tax mitigation or Income Tax purposes
• Dealing with multi-million-pound estates (£5m+), sometimes with cross border issues and dealing with Lawyers of other jurisdictions, including offshore jurisdictions such as BVI and Jersey
• Dealing with the UK estates of UHNW non UK domiciled clients with UK assets
• Reseals of Grants of Probate and Letters of Administration from other jurisdictions (South Africa)
• Drafting Trust Deeds, Deeds of Appointment and Retirement of Trustees and Protectors, Deeds of Exclusion, Deeds of Appointment and Indemnity and Letters of Wishes;
• Handling Trust Registration on the new Trusts Register 2018
• Dealing with the tax obligations and filing requirements for Trusts (Income Tax and Inheritance Tax)
Wills and LPAs
• Drafting wills for UK resident and domiciled entrepreneurial clients with business interests, to include tax efficient use of the nil rate band and exemptions
• Drafting UK only estate wills for non-domiciled UHNW individuals, including for Middle Eastern Sheikhs and ensuring those wills did not revoke earlier non-UK wills
• Drafting, registering and explaining LPAs to clients
Marketing / Business Development
• Attending networking events for client referrers on a monthly basis;
• Giving presentations on developments in property tax to client referrers and estate agents to help develop relationships and facilitate referral of future work; and
• Drafting regular e-briefs for clients on topical issues.
Jonny Scott-Slater or Ashley Armstrong
P – 01872 274227, 0790445449
E – email@example.com
All applications will be securely protected.