(Commercial Litigation, Corporate Commercial and Dispute Resolution specialist.)
Head of In-House-Counsel, Devon, Cornwall and London – 50/1500K
In-House Counsel positions are an enormously attractive proposition today. As the trend to internalise legal services has picked up pace, the specialist and highly detailed work of the in-house Barrister has become more challenging and multi-dimensional.
Integral parts of this career position now include hands-on involvement in making business decision and providing wide-ranging and complex legal advice.
In addition to legal and business acumen, the contemporary senior in-house counsel must have exceptional skills in communication, administration problem-solving and risk-outcome advisory.
You will be expected to be both skilled at leading and managing complex multi-faceted legal proceedings and also structuring, planning and negotiating complex commercial advisory issues.
As the in-house legal authority your job will involve representing our client company and its associates and clients with all litigation, administration and consultancy matters, both in and out of court.
Functions will include:
- Management of our client’s and their associates’ portfolio of complex legal business transactions, regulatory commercial issues and all associated administration procedures.
- Conduct all necessary meetings, hearings and advocacy, manage counsel at court trials, dispositions and corporate oral arguments as instructed by the Partners;
- Chair arbitration and mediation sessions as instructed by the Partners; and
- Assume responsibility for all “Alpha Classified administration and associated documentation”.
We are seeking a true legal professional that can represent and advise our client and associated businesses in an organised and structured manner with sound and commercial legal advice.
You should feel comfortable with most of the following legal work:
- To deliver timely, proactive and commercial advice to the business and its associated clients and partners;
- Able to use your thorough knowledge of contracts, IP, corporate and complex corporate finance transactions;
- Possess experience of large scale arbitration and a previous track record of liaising with senior members both internally and externally. The key focus of the role is to proactively manage the day to day conduct of any arbitration and litigation arising from the client’s group regional business and operations;
- To identify and advise on how to minimise the impact of disputes on business strategy, key projects and operations;
- The role will also include a commercial and advisory capacity with the successful applicant being the key point of contact for commercial legal. Issues that will range from commercial contract negotiation and drafting through to M&A and high value commercial property dealings;
- Autonomously draft and advise on national and European commercial business procurement agreements, advise on on-going issues, help manage business supplier relationships and support joint business development plans;
- Identify and manage legal and contract risks and advise how to manage and comply with these and develop and deliver relevant guidance and training ;
- Have experience to advise on a range of high profile and sophisticated cross-border acquisitions, JVs and asset deals;
- Review and draft contracts to enable the business to enter into mutually beneficial agreements including third party supplier agreements and agency arrangements with intermediaries;
- Advise the business and negotiate where necessary the effective resolution of commercial disputes, arising from interpretation, non-performance and termination of agreements in place;
- Work alongside the compliance department to ensure the client’s outsourcing policy is embedded and adhered to across the business and ensure that material outsourcing contracts and key outsourcing contracts comply with FSA requirements;
- Experience in negotiating and drafting complex IP agreements with a focus on technology licences and energy contracts;
- Involvement with negotiating and managing a broad range of agreements related to software, consulting, integration and hosting. You will work assisting on deal structures, revenue recognition and pricing information, providing commercially focused advice;
- Advising on commercial deal structuring, negotiating and drafting contracts with special innovative media, technology and communications corporate clients;
- Proactively manage the day to day conduct of any international arbitration and litigation arising from the business or associated client business, regional, international and offshore offices and all operations;
- Be able to quickly identify and advise on how to minimise the impact of high level inter-company disputes using business strategy methods, monitoring key projects and Alpha Operations;
- Experience in the Financial Funds space would be advantageous;
- The ideal candidate will have experience in cross-border transactions advising private equity firms, gained within private practice or an in-house environment;
- Insolvency litigation experience with a mixture of contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters, experience of working with Chapter 11 Administration, Debt Recovery and Cayman Law; and
- In-depth insolvency experience and gravitas that can both project manage and transact operationally on a complex & demanding assignment alongside interfacing in a senior capacity with external & internal stakeholders of the business.
Our client candidate will be a special high-value corporate guardian.
The administration tasks outlined above can only be conducted by the most knowledgeable of commercial legal practitioners.
If you are interested in applying for this position please call 01872 274227 and ask for either:- Jonny Scott Slater, Ashley Armstrong or Zena Zennor.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentially will be assured at all times.
Cornwall Executive Recruitment Ltd – An employment agency for job vacancies, personnel services and staffing solutions – 01872 274 277.