Assistant Manager – Property Conveyancer – 35K. (Devon or Cornwall based, Lawyer, F/ILEX or QBE).
Our client an expanding law firm are seeking to appoint a new Manager of Property Conveyancing. You will be managing a team, involved purely in processing property conveyancing transactions, both residential and comercial files.
Work originates from four offices based throughout the counties of both Cornwall and Devon.
Marketing, Business Origination and Business Generation skills are key requirements for this role, as well as the ability to manage and conveyance possible high volume private property files. Experience of commercial work could be advantageous, but not a deal breaker.
We have been appointed to locate a Property Lawyer, F/ILEX Diploma Conveyancer or a professional conveyancer who is qualified by experience in a professional firm. This is a management position that could progress to a Partner appointment in time.
The successful candidate could be working/based in any of our client’s offices in Devon or Cornwall.
For further details please contact – Jonny Scott Slater or Ashley Armstrong
01872 274227 – email@example.com
Key job experience includes:
- Taking instructions from clients
- Managing, training and motivating the conveyancing team
- Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements to clients
- Obtaining or checking Land Registry documents or title deeds (if the land is unregistered)
- Drafting or checking sales contracts and agreeing terms with the lawyer acting for the other party
- Collating and sending or checking supporting documents
- Exchanging contracts and completing the transaction
- Dealing with all financial aspects of a transaction
- If the property is leasehold, obtaining the landlord’s agreement to the sale or the change of mortgage and dealing with apportionments of rent and service charges
- Marketing and selling the business to new and existing clients
- Joining groups, parties and associations that will lead to new business generation opportunities
- Extensive and in-depth networking that could lead to new business opportunities
Specific tasks for purchase transactions include:
- Carrying out and checking pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence, or liability for unsound building structures and repairs
- Receiving and checking mortgage instructions from lenders and undertaking specific tasks required
- Preparing transfer and mortgage deeds
- Receiving mortgage funds
- Paying Stamp Duty and Land Tax and dealing with the registration of client and lender with the Land Registry
- Researching information, communicating with clients and others in person and on the telephone, by letter or by email, completing forms and drafting documents
- Protection of clients’ interests at all times, while taking precautions against potential fraud and money laundering
- Use and management of a computerised case management system
01872 274227 — firstname.lastname@example.org