- GM Hotel Manager / Hotel General Manager;
- Location Gran Canarias, Spain;
- Five year contract, reviewed annually;
- Privately Owned International Hotel Group;
- 5 Star Property;
- Languages Required: Spanish, Russian, German & English Fluent;
- Reports to: International Group Managing Director and Chairwoman;
- Salary Package to be negotiated;
- Currently working for a renowned International hospitality business – GM +
- Retained Executive Search commences – September 2013;
- Search time to short-list 12 months.
Internal key liaisons:
– Chief Financial Officer;
– President & C.E.O;
– Director of Operations;
– Department Heads.
External key liaisons:
– Local & Public Authorities;
– Main Accounts;
The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving optimal guest satisfaction and a provide an exceptional environment for both guests and staff. The newly appointed GM will have set objectives on arrival, these newly planned projects will be actioned to the highest possible standards.
We are seeking a GM who has high-quality refurbishment experience gained working for a five star world-class hospitality business. A detailed description and photographic portfolio of renovation projects is required “before and after” with attached building/construction reporting.
The Hotel General Manager should run the hotel business in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures and Policies as required by the holding company.
The successfully appointed Hotel Manager shall ensure that the implementation of optimal and attractive products and services that are required to address the hotel’s target client groups, based on pre-agreed marketing plans and budgets.
The Hotel General Manager shall ensure the correct production and distribution of information and promotion materials as supplied by public relations and marketing managers. We are also seeking to find a professional that can contribute with ideas that will increase the performance of marketing/sales and public relations.
Manage the efficiency/productivity and safeguard company results:
- Draw up plans and budget concepts (revenues, costs, etc.);
- Safeguard the realisation, tracing and adjustment of all deviations;
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings;
- Guard/ controlling of cost price;
- Delivering of data and proposals for the budgets and investments;
- Safeguard quality of operations (internal & external audits).
Manage all Department Heads:
- Coordinate planning of Department Heads and Assistant Managers with regard to time-tables, work schedules, employment of employees within the different services;
- Coordination of the execution of activities via instructions to the Heads of Departments/ Assistant Managers, supervision of the execution;
- Determination of the workforce, recruitment and hiring of new staff, supervision of sufficient introduction, execution of performance reviews and training of staff;
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads in their absence;
- Implement the SOPs optimally in the hotel and ensure this property is the flag ship establishment for the brand;
- Prepare monthly financial reporting;
- Ensure an adequate administration, for the outgoing and incoming invoices, for the payment of invoices and for drawing up periodical management data. Justify deviations and differences.
- Viewing all complaints and rectifications;
- Attend all board meetings based in both Madrid and Plymouth UK;
- Handing over opinions and beliefs, decisions etc. to the executives;
- Leading various internal and external meetings;
- Supervise the fulfillment of the regulations of the employment legalisation, Occupational Health & Safety Act, HACCP, legionella, fire regulations and all other legal Spanish requirements;
- Enforce and secure correct use of company’s corporate identity;
- Maintain contacts with public authorities;
- Property and management security.
Hotel General Manager – Profile:
• Graduate MBA, multilingual fluency in listed languages.
• 10 years minimum 5 star hotel management experience.
Professional Executive Skills:
• Excellent written English, (German, Russian and Spanish) copy-writing skills.
• First class performance in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Experience with several five star hotel operation systems
• Skillful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ tasks.
- Senior managerial capability;
- Highly organised and efficient;
- Pro-active and results driven;
- Team player and captain;
- Ability to adapt corporate vision and promote the required.
Look & Feel:
Sports, (Golf) socially engaged, passionate, excellent communicator with high profile presentation skills.
The ideal candidate will be a master linguist, have a 5 star international hotel track record, possess accountancy skills. Be able to mix, mingle and converse with executive clients from all parts of the world. Have expert knowledge of excellent wines from Europe and the Americas and be able to contribute to furnishing the hotels exceptional wine cellar.
A five year contract is on offer, our client is currently building a new hotel property in Asia, you will be appointed GM heading this new flagship business in 2019/20.
Key Account Executives:
- Jonny Scott-Slater;
- Karen Palmer;
- Ashley Armstrong.
Telephone – 0044 1872 274227
US – 954 378 9414
CV Package, send to: DCERsearch@aol.com