Compliance & Risk Analyst
VICE PRESIDENT – COMPLIANCE SERVICES
The successful candidate will be responsible for serving as an Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Officer (“AMLCO”) and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”) on a portfolio of fund and investment client entities along with providing assistance to other team members with similar functions.
Duties will include:• Being the appointed AMLCO and MLRO for client entities.
• Developing and maintaining procedures, systems and controls to ensure that the client entities are in compliance with the Cayman Islands AML Regulations.
• Preparing entity risk assessments for the various client entities.
• Monitoring outsourced arrangements, where the client entity has outsourced the AML/KYC functions to a 3rd party.
• Maintaining adequate AML/KYC procedures at the client entity level where there is no outsourced arrangements in place, including adequate policies, KYC documentation, training etc.
• Reporting to the client entity directors and senior management, on AML/KYC matters arising within the client entity and actions considered necessary to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Serve as the client relationship manager as regards the AMLCO and MLRO functions.
• Be the point of contact for the client entity with any relevant regulatory bodies, to ensure any regulatory queries are appropriately addressed.
• As MLRO, maintain the necessary logs of internal and external SARs, report (where necessary) SARs to the Cayman Islands FRA, be the point of contact for queries with regards to SARs.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• A detailed knowledge and understanding of fund and investment entity structures.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior compliance role.
• A detailed knowledge and understanding of the Cayman Islands AML laws and regulations.
• A legal or accounting professional designation is preferable.
• Possess excellent client relationship skills, with the ability to manage client requests in a timely and effective manner.
• Possess excellent time management, organisational, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of Viewpoint, Worksite (DMS) would be advantageous.
Joey Polperro or Jonny Scott-Slater LLM