Dispute Resolution lawyer – SWUK
Our client a leading name in the SWUK law firm arena are seeking to hire at Associate – Senior Associate Level. We are seeking the following professional that is either currently working in the SWUK or wishing to relocate to the region.
Litigation Fee earner that can:
- This is a key role, making a significant contribution to the overall work of the Dispute Resolution Team and supporting the DR partners with the on-going growth and development of the unit & team-wide activities.
- To undertake a full range of existing and new commercial disputes cases and to assist DR partners and/or supervise more junior fee-earners in the DR team as necessary.
- To pro-actively grow and develop the capability, client base and fee income of the DR unit as part of supporting the team’s wider business and strategic plans.
- To work with the Unit and Team Leader and others within the wider Dispute Resolution team to further develop the offering and client base. This will include assisting Partners with the development and implementation of new business plans.
- Experience of team management and/or supervision of others, for example successfully supervising and developing trainees/paralegals and potential to lead a team would be a distinct advantage.
- To ensure appropriate provision of a quality service and compliance for all matters in accordance with agreed standard policies.
- To consistently meet all KPI and targets and any other broader objectives as agreed on a quarterly and annual basis as part of the team plans.
- To be a role model for our client’s values and encourage the others to do the same.
We are searching to find.
- A solicitor with a proven technical knowledge and track record of a broad range of commercial disputes involving primarily contract, company and professional negligence law issues. Potential to be considered as a ‘subject matter expert’ in commercial litigation.
- Experience of confidentiality and employment litigation (i.e. restrictive covenant) related issues would be an advantage but not essential. Experience of acting on media industry-related cases would also be an advantage but again not essential.
- A broad range of experience of litigation procedure.
- Proven track record of the full range of business development and marketing activities and experience including developing and leading strategies and action plans for building and growing a new geographical practice area.
- A highly flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment.
- Ability to take responsibility for tasks under supervision and substantive experience of dealing direct with clients.
- Excellent all round communication skills including the capability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas.
- Proven commitment to working within a quality standard environment.
- Commitment to on-going professional and personal development including self-awareness and self-reflection and continuous improvement.
- A track record of consistently delivering to targets and objectives.
- An understanding of the importance of knowledge management and sharing. Fully up to speed with the Jackson reforms and current litigation funding options.
Pease speak to Jonny Scott-Slater or Karen Palmer;
Telephone 01872 274227;
MailCV2 – email@example.com
Confidentiality is always assured.