Isles of Scilly
Accommodation will be provided
Duties and responsibilities:
• Senior technician working in a small team of staff responsible for the production of all island accounts with a focus on management accounts;
• Producing weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports to senior management;
• Analysing variances and exploring potential problems with business sectors;
• Making appropriate recommendations and advising of the impact on the overall business;
• Preparation of cash-flow statements, income and expenditure accounts and assisting with tax returns;
• Improving the systems surrounding all aspects of the offices budgets, forecasts and business planning
• Establishing and maintaining costing models for the business;
• Planning projects exploring potential problems or opportunities, ensuring that resources and staff are available to execute important work;
• Carrying out any necessary research, analysing it and concluding on the information;
• Providing financial knowledge support for managers when required;
• Processing applications and reports to the allocated managers;
• Setting up and maintaining reporting systems;
• Budgeting, planning and forecasting for different businesses and implementing performance measures as required;
• Providing financial support for the corporate operation.
Ideal person specification:
• A recognised part-qualified professional accounting qualification:
• Or full AAT
All accountants must have with a thorough practical understanding of management accounting principles and techniques.
• The ability to work in a small team;
• High degree of communication skills, particularly attuned to working well with non-finance professionals and other staff;
• First-hand experience of planning, budgeting and forecasting;
• Used to working in fast moving environments providing accurate and timely information to a high standard;
• Experience and understanding of business accounts;
• Be a professional and companionate team player that wants to progress in the near future.
Please telephone 01872 274227 for a further discussion.
Confidentiality will be assured at all times.