Lawyer – F/ILEX, Private Client – Probate and Conveyancing work. 25/40K
Our client an expanding local law firm is seeing to appoint the above professional. They would consider a fee earner who is part qualified ILEX.
The important factor is being able to administer work quickly and accurately.
Probate Job Content
- All administration matters including telephone work and some typing.
- Interviewing clients and advising on probate matters.
- Administration of Estates including preparation of IHT400, IHT205 and Oaths, IHT calculations, affidavits, deeds of variation, deeds of appointment valuing shares, making claims for relief on loss on sale of shares and land, estate accounts.
- Income Tax Returns.
- Some administration of Trusts and trust accounts.
- Preparation of Enduring Power of Attorney, registration of Enduring of Attorney and Receivership Accounts.
- Preparing and submitting forms FR1, AP1, TR1, AS1 and RX3.
Conveyancing Job Content
- Taking instructions from clients.
- Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements.
- Obtaining or checking Land Registry documents or title deeds (if the land is unregistered).
- Drafting or checking sales contracts and agreeing terms with the lawyer acting for the other party to the transaction.
- Collating and sending or checking supporting documents.
- Exchanging contracts and completing the transaction.
- Dealing with all financial aspects of a transaction.
- If the property is leasehold, obtaining the landlord’s agreement to the sale or the change of mortgage and dealing with apportionments of rent and service charges.
- Specific tasks for sales transactions include preparing the seller’s property information form, repayment of charges and paying the estate agent’s fee.
- Carrying out and checking pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence, or liability for unsound building structures and repairs.
- Receiving and checking mortgage instructions from lenders and undertaking specific tasks required.
- Preparing transfer and mortgage deeds.
- Receiving mortgage funds.
- Paying Stamp Duty and Land Tax and dealing with the registration of client and lender with the Land Registry.
Please submit your CV to either Jonny Scott Slater or Ashley Armstrong
01872 274227 10am – 5pm