Associate – Finance, Corporate and Funds.
Central London or Offshore
• Our client is offering a unique opportunity to an ambitious and technically strong lawyer to join its market leading global Finance, Corporate and Funds (“FCF”) business, and to assist building out its (“Offshore Islands”) FCF practice so as to become the leading practice in the region.
• The successful candidate will be based in the Firm’s office and will work alongside leading practitioners in that office in expanding out the FCF business in line with the general expansion across all of the firm’s practice groups offshore.
• The available positions in the team are at Associate/Senior Associate level dependent upon experience.
SCOPE AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Associate/Senior Associate in the Firm’s FCF Practice offshore.
• Proactively assist in developing and expanding client relationships important to the Firm’s success at the same time becoming a valued resource to clients. This will involve taking ownership of the development of relationships with core clients.
• Participate in the development of the practice’s know-how, share knowledge and actively participate in conferences, seminars and internal training.
• Provide technically sound advice and highly responsive service to clients, and support colleagues, senior counsel and partners on all client matters.
• Maintain a sustained record of revenue generation and profitability; follow recommended billing rates; manage costs appropriately; ensure personal utilization meets expectations.
• Adhere to Firm’s values and professional ethics and proactively seek resolution of conflicts.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 3-7 years finance, corporate and/or funds PQE.
• Excellent academics.
• Ambitious and commercially driven.
• Solid legal skills with competent understanding of relevant market and client industries and technical knowledge of the relevant law.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work successfully in a collaborative environment, a team player, willing to support others regardless of personal role or task and to help others in identifying needs and crafting development plans.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Offshore experience and/or familiarity with offshore financial service providers preferred but not essential
• Ability to use legal precedents and timekeeping and billing systems.
• Ability to support efforts to attract new clients and develop new initiatives.
Jonny Scott-Slater, Karen Palmer or Ashley Armstrong
01872 274227 – 07724760904
CV2 – email@example.com
Confidentiality is always assured
Iuris Praestantia Recruiting.