SENIOR AUDIT MANAGER CORPORATE SERVICES – Bristol & Plymouth offices, – 60/110K+
Bristol & Plymouth offices. Reporting to: Partners.
Our valued and prestigious client, one of the most established presences in the region with five offices across the South West.
We can also say our Chartered Practice client is in the Top 50 with 21 partners and 200 staff.
They are a growing and dominant force in the South West and highly committed to both clients and staff.
Our client is capitalising on continued expansion and is looking for an individual to provide and manage integrated audit to charities and corporate clients.
Our valued client is of a size sufficient to ensure that we attract and retain specialist partners and staff.
Additionally they maximise professional corporate focus and extreme attention to detail. Providing unrivaled personal and partner-led accountancy, tax and business advisory services.
The successful accountancy professional will work closely with the partners, with their own portfolio. Taking a leading role in marketing and developing new business as well as the management of existing clients.
Clients will range up to c£20 mill turnover with some larger SMEs. The firm is a regional leader in audit and accountancy services to new Academy Schools, and this will form a core and growing part of your portfolio.
Your proven leadership skills are needed to manage a dedicated multi-skilled team, and will be involved in audit, accounts, and tax compliance as well as special projects for clients across a wide range of sectors.
Qualified ACA with at least 3 years General Practice experience with proven portfolio management and business development, with strong Corporate Services/Audit bias.
Confident, professional and credible with clients, you will relish the opportunity to broaden and strengthen your skills and to advance your career.
- Undertaking client audit, accounts and tax work for a wide range of clients.
- Lead personal and professional development issues (with partners) for department personnel;
- Assist in recruitment, training and coaching of staff;
- Assist with department human resource issues (with HR director support);
- Assist in recruiting staff;
- Perform line appraisals;
- Plan and review key department assignments (or assist/direct where required);
- Ensure compliance with internal and external procedural and regulatory requirements;
- Plan and manage assignments and resources effectively;
- Supervise staff and assist in professional development, encouraging excellent quality work;
- Keep partners up to date on all dealings with clients;
- Liaise with Tax Department on company and directors tax issues;
- Observe office manuals and instruction books issued by the partners from time to time;
- Prepare engagement budget and agree fees;
- Assist in tenders or formal proposals;
- Quote for new assignments;
- Manage WIP and monthly billing levels;
- Control recovery rates;
- Observe and control time recording procedures;
- With partners, manage department’s financial result;
- Assisting in marketing the firm and helping to acquire new clients at every opportunity;
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with all relevant aspects of professional contduct;
- Comply with the relevant training requirements of professional body (ICAEW);
- Client focused, leader and motivator, deadline keeper, industy aware & financially astute;
- Remain technically up to date with company, tax and other relevant legislation;
- Ensure computer skills are developed and maintained;
- Exceptional people management skills a distinct advantage;
- Keen to establish one self at Senior Manager level with a view to Partnership in due course;
Qualifications and experience:
- Graduate calibre 2:1 or above. Qualified ACA with at least 3 years General Practice experience with proven portfolio management and business development, with strong Corporate Services/Audit bias.
- ICAEW Charities Diploma an advantage.
- Good basic qualifications required with experience of working in an audit team within practice. You will have sound knowledge of all relevant aspects of the Institute’s Guide to Professional Conduct, and will comply with the relevant training requirements of your professional body (ICAEW or other appropriate body).
- Annual salary review;
- 27 to 30 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays;
- Hours 36.25 per week with flexible working time scheme;
- Pension and Life Assurance (3 x salary) and Personal Pension (Employer 6%/5% Employee min;
- Free car parking;
- Permanent Health Insurance;
- Critical Illness Scheme;
- Contributory AXA PPP Health Scheme;
- Non-contributory Health Scheme (after probationary period);
- Ongoing Performance Appraisal Scheme resulting in your own Personal Development Review;
- Training CPD support.
- Our client is an Investors in People employer.
To apply for this Chartered Accountantcy Practice career position,
Please telephone — 01872 274227.
Email – email@example.com
9am – 10pm.
NB. We have asked for permission to reproduce this advert.
Cornwall Executive Recruitment Ltd – An employment agency for job vacancies, personnel services and staffing solutions – 01872 274 277.