Property Litigation Lawyer SWUK;
Active contentious caseload;
Client following ideal;
Prospects for a practice builder;
This could be your ideal relocation career job opportunity.
Our client a prominent and expanding law firm based in the SWUK are seeking to appoint a property litigation fee earner expert. You may currently be working as a stand-alone property lawyer or be part of a Dispute Resolution team. Either type of fee earning professional will be of interest to our client. Thorough contentious work experience is especially sought, accompanied by some trial advocacy and counsel instruction.
The job at our client law firm involves: Acting for both Landlords and Tenants – residential, commercial and agricultural, advising on the law, drafting notices, observing statutory time limits, drafting statements, attending hearings as an advocate – both undefended and contested, in particular advising in disputes between cohabitees, TOLATA claims, drafting pleadings and statements and preparing for hearings.
Aspects of the job include:
- Professionally serve our law firms clients to the highest work and standard of service possible;
- To develop Property Litigation Unit’s client base and network of referrers and contacts, in particular the commercial property sector;
- To assist in the marketing of the firm in general and the Dispute Resolution Department in particular;
- To assist the firm’s other departments in property law matters as and when required, in particular the firm’s Real Estate Department.
- The role involves; dealing with a substantial and varied caseload efficiently and cost-effectively with minimum supervision.
- Assisting the partners with matters of property law and procedure.
- Networking and Marketing the Property Litigation Unit to existing and new contacts.
- Taking an active role in expanding the client base of the Property Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department.
- Marketing and networking the property litigation service to new clients by joining sporting and members clubs in the local area: Golf, Tennis, round-table, bridge etc.
- Progress selected disputes to trial after mediation process;
- Able to structure advocacy, to clients and our law firm partners satisfaction;
- Instruct counsel with integrity.
We will be looking for the following residential and commercial property work experience involving:
- Adverse possession;
- Assured Tenancies;
- Basement and Penthouse;
- Beneficial Ownership;
- Boundary Disputes;
- Co-Owner Disputes;
- Commission Claims Disputes;
- Contractual Disputes;
- Building Alterations;
- Enforcement of Securities;
- Forfeiture of Lease;
- Illegal Subletting;
- Lease Extensions;
- Land Disputes and Property;
- Leasehold Enfranchisement;
- Neighbour Disputes;
- Party Wall Disputes;
- Property and Insolvency;
- Rent Act Tenancies;
- Rent Arrears;
- Restrictive Covenants;
- Right of First Refusal:
- Rights of Light;
- Rights of Way;
- Right to Manage;
- Service Charges;
- Property Related Negligence;
- Solicitors Negligence;
- Valuers Negligence.
- Knowledge of Insolvency Law;
- Knowledge of Planning Law;
- Professional Negligence experience would be helpful;
- Lateral thinker – “outside the box” approach;
- Attention to detail;
- Integrity and trustworthiness;
- Understanding of Solicitors Accounts Rules;
To apply for this career position please make contact with Jonny Scott-Slater, Ashley Armstrong or Zena Zennor.
Telephone 01872 274227 10am-10pm;
CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality will be assured at all times.