Residential Property Conveyancer, Cornwall – Devon Law Firm, 28/50K
Council for Licensed Conveyancer – CLC
ILEX Level 6
Our client’s are seeking to appoint a Residential Property Conveyancer. Ideally we
are seeking to find a CLC qualified but will accept applications from all of the above categories.
If you are looking to join one of the finest firms in the South West, then please apply.
• Taking instructions from client;
• Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements to clients;
• Obtaining or checking Land Registry documents or title deeds (if the land is unregistered);
• Drafting or checking sales contracts and agreeing terms with the lawyer acting for the other party;
• Collating and sending or checking supporting documents;
• Exchanging contracts and completing the transaction;
• Dealing with all financial aspects of a transaction;
• If the property is leasehold, obtaining the landlord’s agreement to the sale or the change of mortgage; and dealing with apportionments of rent and service charges;
• Marketing and selling the business to new and existing clients;
• Joining groups, parties and associations that will lead to new business generation opportunities;
• Extensive and in-depth networking that could lead to new business opportunities.
Specific tasks for purchase transactions include:
• Carrying out and checking pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence, or liability for unsound building structures and repairs;
• Receiving and checking mortgage instructions from lenders and undertaking specific tasks required;
• Preparing transfer and mortgage deeds;
• Receiving mortgage funds;
• Paying Stamp Duty and Land Tax and dealing with the registration of client and lender with the Land Registry;
• Researching information, communicating with clients and others in person and on the telephone, by letter or by email, completing forms and drafting documents;
• Protection of clients’ interests at all times, while taking precautions against potential fraud and money laundering;
• Use and management of a computerised case management system.
To apply for this position please send in your CV to:
Telephone 01872 274227.