Law Firm Experience Essential for this role.
Do you have a passion for organising events and providing high levels of client service? Do you have a creative streak you would like to set free?
Our client is looking for an Events Coordinator to join our friendly Marketing team based in Devon. You will assist in the delivery of internal and external events, including seminars, workshops, conferences, receptions, dinners and corporate hospitality.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has some experience of event management to join a growing and dynamic team and continue building their career.
Key duties of this role will be to:
• Book events as requested in an efficient and timely manner, which includes (but is not limited to) researching and booking venues, compiling attendee lists, organising and assisting with the production of associated marketing materials, distributing invites, chasing for responses (as required).
• Plan the necessary logistics for the event to run smoothly, liaising with internal/external clients as appropriate.
• Gather and collate feedback from attendees, acting upon this feedback as necessary.
• Work closely with internal clients to effectively understand their requirements and proactively provide updates as to the progress of the event booking.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with preferred suppliers for venues.
• Research suitable venues and negotiate preferable rates with the providers.
• Monitor budget spend, developing and maintaining effective recording and reporting tools and procedures. Provide management information reports regarding budgetary spend as requested.
Experience and qualifications required:
• GCSEs in Maths and English at Grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications).
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Project management skills.
• Experience of working in a client service role.
• Experience of event booking and coordination would be preferable.
Special skills and personal attributes:
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• The desire to provide high levels of service.
• Ability to work within a team and to communicate effectively with all levels across the firm.
• Ability to manage high volumes of work.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills with a methodical approach towards work.
• Ability to work using own initiative.
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external clients.
• A positive and proactive approach to work.
• Ability to collect, analyse and report on information, with the confidence to make recommendations for further actions as appropriate.
To apply for this position please contact: Jonny Scott-Slater or Ashley Armstrong;
Telephone 01872 274227
CV2 – email@example.com
Confidentiality is assured at all times.