Property Lawyer, Cornwall Devon SWUK;
40-90K + Bonus;
Commercial and Residential work;
Property Developer specialist
Client Following = Partner Designate.
Our client a well-established property law firm that has a reputation as one of the leading property experts in the SWUK are looking to appoint an all-round property lawyer. The position will involve both contentious and non-contentious work including the following.
• Freehold and Leasehold sales and purchases’ of Country houses, cottages and city centre flats.
• Rule 2 letters and complying with money laundering checks.
• Dealing with Sellers Property Information form and Fixtures and Fittings form.
• Obtaining office copies of title, raising and replying to purchaser enquiries, carrying out local, environmental and highway searches etc
• Dealing with unregistered land – epitome of title
• Dealing with Management company enquiries on leasehold property.
• Drafting of Sale contract.
• Exchange of contracts through the Law Society approved methods.
• Requisitions on title and drafting completion statement.
• Completion and Post completion formalities – Redemption of mortgage through DS1/END, SDLT on-line formalities, lodging TR1/FR1 at Land Registry and replying to Land registry requisitions.
• Freehold and leasehold sales and purchases of retail, leisure, hotel, industrial and office property.
• Hotel and leisure business sales and purchases (sale and purchase agreement).
• Drafting of commercial/green leases on commercial property incorporating the standard commercial property conditions.
• Assignment and sub-lettings of commercial property.
• Raising and replying to standard CPSE 1-4.
• Drafting of sale contract in relation to the sale of land and property.
• Licencing issues – premises and personal licence and TUPE.
• Carrying out the standard searches.
• Investigation of title and ensuring that the property complies with current health and safety legislation – gas and electrical certificates and EPC etc.
• Exchange of contracts
• Requisitions on title and completion.
• Arranging of Indemnity insurance against a restrictive covenant etc
• Land registry and SDLT formalities.
PROPERTY LITIGATION: (If you don’t have this contentious experience, no worries, still apply).
• Serving section 8 and section 21 notices on residential tenants
• Possession order claims
• Claims for outstanding monies due from rent arrears/damage caused to property etc.
• Application for warrant of execution.
• Section 146 notices with regards to breach of covenant in commercial leases.
• Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 disputes – Landlords grounds for refusal of new lease.
• Dispute arising over assignment and sub-letting of commercial property.
• Forfeiture and remedies available on commercial property.
• Boundary disputes and claims.
• Termination and renewal of business tenancies – serving section 25 and section 26 notices and extension of time notices to the court.
• Drafting claim form and particulars of claim to the court.
• Drafting of Tomlin orders etc
• Will be doing the ADR accreditation certificate in mediation (commercial route) for Mediation work throughout the South West.
Telephone – 01872 274227
CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality is assured at all times
Speak to Karen Palmer or Zena Zennor.