Financial Analyst, Food and Beverages;
Tourist Business, part of a large group of companies;
Cornwall, Devon, SWUK Location;
30/50K, plus executive package;
Specialist Business Analyst food and beverages experience sought;
We are seeking to find a food and beverages business analyst specialist;
Reporting to GM and Board of Directors
Exciting new eatery projects both in-house and new ventures;
M/A projects experience spot on;
CIMA, ACCA, ACA.
Your team will expand in the future:
Executive Search programme starts November 2013.
Our client an award winning tourist business based in the SWUK are overhauling and improving their food and beverages business with the view of expanding this business sector both in house and off site.. We are looking to appoint a specialist food and beverages accountant – business analyst who has experience of this type of focused work.
We have been retained to find this specialist and the search starts November 2013. If you wish to enter for short-list stage please send in your CV, please speak to Jonny Scott-Slater or Karen Palmer.
Mail2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
In house restaurant and new ventures, Business Analyst, Food and Beverages.
In this role, our candidate will provide financial analysis and support to both the General Manager and the Board of Directors for: P&L profitability by segment; Margin analysis; In-house/kitchen manufacturing profitability, cost-to-produce drivers and footprint activities, and any other financial analysis as necessary.
You will support business forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning activities and collaborate with both management and the board to drive and assess future profitability, top-line growth and market value preservation.
Experience in supplying data for M/A projects will be highly advantageous.
- Analyse segment financial performance versus budget, strategic plan and forecasts for Food and Beverage Business Analysis.
- Assist with preparation of accurate and timely month-end analysis, reports and Powerpoint slides for Monthly Management Report, Monthly Business Reviews and Quarterly Business Reviews preparation covering:
- Overall P&L results by segment;
- Margin analysis by segment;
- Bridge development;
- Quality of earnings (including one-off tracking for Business Unit);
- Support preparation of post capital expenditure reviews (“PCR’s”);
- Analyse manufacturing profitability and costs-to-produce (SKU, product line, family, segment, etc);
- Provide analytical support for key initiatives such as plant/kitchen /structuring – restructuring proposals;
- Develop into food & beverage analysis subject matter, expert on segmentation process (statistical and other key drivers, division costs allocations, etc);
- Support and maintain financial forecasting models for food & beverages business planning;
- Assist with development of financial statement forecasts to meet the boards profit expectations;
- Next month forecast and monthly forecast for remainder of fiscal year for segmented food and beverage P&L;
- Capital expenditures by major approved/unapproved projects for next month and remainder of fiscal year;
- Calculate return metrics;
- Support Beverage Business Unit outperformance process;
- Assist with annual budget and strategic planning processes;
- Develop and maintain analytical data (i.e. supporting documentation, trend analysis, standard templates);
- Generate and maintain dynamic financial models for food and beverage businesses. Calculate key indicators, data, metrics, etc. as necessary ;
- Assist in development of reporting / presentation materials (i.e. PowerPoint slides, booklets, Excel and BPC templates, etc.)
- Upload and validate financial data and metrics across systems;
- Support food and beverage business unit and Operations management efforts to:
- Assist with identifying and quantifying cost-saving opportunities;
- Support analysing and explaining monthly performance;
- Conduct segment / cost comparisons for existing locations & products (including on-site “deep dives”);
- Assist in establishing and interpreting key benchmarking data (labour, usage variance, utilities, spending, etc.) to support budgets forecasts and management reviews;
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis and other support as required;
- Collaborate with Shared Services and IT to drive enhancements within core SAP, segment and profitability systems;
- Take initiative to raise questions/concerns to functional department heads;
- Drive continuous improvement within all areas of responsibility;
- Assist with maintaining consistency with financial analysis and process across all current and future business units.
We are seeking to find:
- Accountant CIMA, ACCA, ACA;
- With a degree in Business or Finance;
- Advanced Excel experience;
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- 2+ years of progressively increased responsibility in a financial lead or business analyst role preferred in the food and beverages industry;
- Specific experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- SAP R/3, SAP Business Warehouse;
- Developing detailed / complex financial modelling, forecasting and what-if scenarios;
- Experience developing financial statements (P&L, B/S, Cash Flow);
- Strong experience using / applying financial terminology and concepts;
- Strong IT systems aptitude (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ERP systems, BPC, forecasting / budgeting software);
- Capital budgeting, reporting, & project justification/ analysis;
- Analysing product-line profitability and employing activity-based-costing theories.
To apply for this position please speak to: Jonny Scott-Slater or Karen Palmer;
MailCV2 – email@example.com
Confidentiality is assured at all times.
Cornwall Executive Recruitment is part of the DCER International Group Incorporated in both Europe and the USA.