Assistant to Head of Finance;
3M+ t/o + increasing;
Reporting to the firms accountant;
Salary: Current earnings + 5/10%.
Our client is a local corporate that provides bespoke clothing products to a growing customer base nationwide.
Working in a small but friendly team we are seeking to identify the following corporate accountancy professional. Part qualified CIMA or ACCA, AAT or qualified by experience with excellent references.
Work will include:
- Management Information;
- Credit term analysis;
- Credit control;
- Safeguarding positive cashflow;
- Bookkeeping and Reporting
- Prepare financial reports to include;
- Preparation of monthly management reports including accounts;
- Submission of statutory returns such as VAT, EC Sales, Intrastat and Payroll;
- Paying supplier on a monthly basis;
- Assisting in preparing company specific reporting such as sell through reports, target reporting, best sellers reports;
- Credit Control Procedure
- Responsible for setting up the procedure for the giving of credit and collection of debt;
- Who we are prepared to give credit to;
- How we are going to chase the money in;
- Reporting which will take place;
- Credit Terms and Limits
- Make decisions as to which customers should receive credit terms and what their credit limit should be;
- Review credit account application forms;
- Liaise with our credit insurance company to establish cover which will be provided;
- Carry out credit checks;
- Advise customer of terms agreed and update computer system and customer services;
- Collection of Debts
- Responsibility for ensuring that our customers pay on time;
- Allocate payments against outstanding invoices daily as the money is received into the bank account;
- Advising customer services daily of any prepayments;
- Sending customer statements at the end of the month;
- Chasing outstanding debt by email and telephone;
- Generate reminder letters;
- Communicate to the insurance company when the debts go to 90 days;
- Liaise with the customer services department if there are any queries;
- Negotiate payment plans where necessary;
- Report monthly to the head of finance on the status of aged debtors;
- Experienced in accounting and credit control
- Prepare our credit control documentation from scratch to include liaisons with the credit insurance company. Agree and finalise the documents with the Head of Finance. Ability to prepare management information on a monthly basis.
- Comfortable with the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to use computers to assist in the position for reporting and communications with customers. Advanced knowledge of Excel is essential.
- Excellent communication skills
- Communicates effectively (written and verbally) with all contacts at all levels. Presents accurate information to directors and managers.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Total ownership of the various accounting and credit control processes from agreeing credit limits to the collection of the debt.
- A good understanding of credit control processes
- Design and document our credit control processes in detail.
- Good understanding of HMR&C rules.
- Knowledge of EC sales and Intrastat rules are essential as we trade in 52 countries worldwide. An understanding of payroll procedures in order to prepare weekly and monthly wages.
To apply for this career accountancy job, please contact Jonny Scott-Slater or Zena Zennor;
Telephone 01872 274227
Mail your CV2 – email@example.com
Confidentiality is assured at all times.